Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Socratic Seminar Comments

In todays socratic seminar I sat back and just watched and listened to the things that my peers had to say on our rights to our own opinion. I have to disagree with everything that was said today and say that we do not have a right to our own opinon. When we speak about our rights we list our constitutional rights. Having the right to your opinion is not a constitutional right, like the right to remain silent. (5th ammendment.) I am not trying to say that everyones opinions are wrong and that everything in this world should be based on fact, I'm just saying that a persons opinion is not constitutional therefore, it is not a right.
To me, our opinions are more like choices that we make. We choose to believe this and that. It is strictly confined within our minds. It is our own choice to voice our opinion. People can tell us that we are wrong or they can see our point of veiw on the subject and change their minds. Opinions are constantly changing while our rights remain constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment