Tuesday, October 23, 2012

To Facebook or not to Facbook

Intially, I thought Facebook was the coolest thing ever invented. I loved the fact that I could keep up with things that are going on in my old friends lives who I dont talk to anymore. But then I found myself on Facebook all the time and I realized that it really is pointless and a huge distration that I didnt need in my life. So I deactivated my account. After a few months, I reactivated it and now I have learned to manage the amount of time I spend on Facebook.
A benefit of Facebook is the social aspect of it, but that is also a huge risk. You always run the risk of posting something that you don't want a certain person to see and if they see it, then you could have some major problems. Another risk is the fact that alot of personal information is just sitting there on your page just waiting to be looked at by someone who you dont want looking.
By reading this article, I realized that there are alot more security precautions I could take on Facebook to help to keep my personal information safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment