Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Who Was Shakespeare?

Shakespeare was a quiet man. If he had not written any great works, then he would have flown through life unnoticed and untouched. But he did write some great pieces like Hamlet and Macbeth and Romeo and Juliet. He was married at the age of 18 and had 3 children. We are left to wonder about what Shakespeare was doing in life from 1585-1592 which are referred to as his "lost years."
When students hear "Shakespeare" they think about great peices of writing, but they also think about the difficult to understand English and all the projects that come along with reading his plays in class.
Now that I have read a few of Shakespeare's plays and we have throughly discussed them in class, I can now read a scene and acctually understand what is going on without having someone tell me.
What still causes me to struggle is his humor. I dont get when he is trying to be funny and when he is being serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment